K’asho Got’ine Housing Society
Kádúyı́le Home Coordinator
Fort Good Hope, NWT
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter
by 5pm, Wednesday December 2nd, 2020 to:
Wanda Grandjambe (at the NDL trailer) or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Phone number (for inquiries): (867) 598-2033
The Kádúyı́le Home is a four-bedroom group home for men, operated by the K’asho Got’ine Housing Society. The Home is intended to create a friendly, safe, welcoming space for men who will benefit from a safe and supportive environment.
The Kádúyı́le Home Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day effective and safe operation of the Kádúyı́le Home and site, including supporting the four men who will be residents. The Home Coordinator also oversees the delivery of the Kádúyı́le Home’s Programs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position is responsible for:
• Supervising, scheduling, and supporting two to three overnight Home
• Assisting residents in developing and achieving personal goals.
• Linking residents with Interagency Committee representatives and other
resources to help them meet their goals and overcome barriers
• Creating structure in the Home and ensuring a safe, friendly, warm
• Participating in informal and formal training opportunities related to the
• Ordering supplies and food for the Home, within a given budget, and
coordinating the residents to make daily communal meals.
• Supporting the Executive Director in administrative functions.
• Ensure resident confidentiality and privacy is maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The successful applicant will be a natural leader, who will be trusted and respected by the residents and community members, and who can demonstrate empathy and kindness, while firmly ensuring that Home rules are followed.
Applicants should demonstrate a positive attitude, and willing to learn on the job and through formal occasional training opportunities. Applicants with a background and/or training in social services, addictions, and counselling, restorative justice or a related field and related work experience will be prioritized. Previous supervisory experience of at least two years is a strong asset. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
This is a full-time position (35- 40 hours each week).
Frequent evening and weekend work will be required.
Wages will be decided based on qualifications, including experience and education. The range will likely be between $30 and $40 per hour. However, if an applicant came forward with strong professional qualifications and education, then a higher salary will be considered.